July Leonardo Art/Science Evening Rendezvous
An event about Artists and Scientists who work/think/imagine/engage at the intersections of the Arts and Science.
University of San Francisco
2130 Fulton Street
SF, CA 94117
McLaren building, Room #251
- 6:30pm-6:45pm: Socializing/networking. During the evening anyone in the audience is welcome to present their work in 30 seconds.
- 6:45-7:10: Linda Gass (Artist) on “Can Art Change Our Water Consciousness?”A visual presentation on textile-based art informed by site, maps, aerial photography and environmental activism. The artwork portrays aerial views of the human marks on our landscape in an effort to draw attention to concerns about water, using beauty to encourage people to look at the hard issues we face.
- 7:10-7:35: Peter Foucault (SFAI) on “Systems and Interactivity in Drawing”A discussion on how drawings are constructed through mark making systems, and how audience participation can influence the outcome of a final composition, focusing on an interactive robotic drawing installation
- 7:35-7:50: BREAK
- 7:50-8:15: Cindy Stokes (Photographer) on “Dynamic Form”A discussion of photographs and comments on some of the universal principles involved in the image structures
- 8:15-8:45: Imin Yeh (Zer01 Artist in Residence) on “Downloadable Mahjong”A discussion and craft circle based upon print media in the digital age and contemporary possibilities for “La Perruque”.
- 8:45: Piero Scaruffi on the next Leonardo Art/Science eveningI will simply preview the line-up of speakers for the next Leonardo evening.
- 8:45pm-9:30pm: Discussions, more socializing You can mingle with the speakers and the audience.