San Francisco Symphony 100 Year Anniversary Gala Projection Mapping
Description: Interior projection mapping with symphony orchestra.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Role: Interactive Developer
Obscura Digital completed the architectural projections for the San Francisco Symphony’s 100 Year Anniversary Gala, “Fanfare for a New Century”. Over 2,700 attendees came to see our augmentation of the interior of Davies Symphony Hall with a architecturally aligned video canvas.
The bill for this ’11-’12 season opener included Copland’s 1938 Billy the Kid Ballet Suite, Lang Lang on the piano for Liszt Piano Concerto No. 1 in E-flat major, Itzhak Perlman’s performance of his famed Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in E minor Opus 64, Britten’s The Young Person’s Guide to the Orchestra Opus 34.
Obscura visuals lined the walls during the pre-performance audience seating and intermission. But the real spectacle of the night was our accompaniment to the encore of John Adams’ Short Ride on a Fast Machine. This piece consisted of a fly-through of San Francisco starting from satellite views down to a tour of its most famous landmarks. Shots of driving across the Golden Gate and Bay bridges, and of abstract driving scenes, were timed along with the orchestral performance, creating a stunning tribute to the orchestra and composer to whom they have been so closely linked.
- Acclair Art Valuation
- Active Ecosystem (SMF)
- Coca-Cola Architectural Projection
- Exploratorium “Emergence” Architectural Projection
- Fort Al Jahili Architectural Projection Mapping
- GlobalLives YBCA Exhibition
- Our Environment
- Recombinant Media Labs SF
- Recombinant Media Labs’ Cinechamber
- Rusty Air in Carolina
- San Francisco Symphony 100 Year Anniversary Gala Projection Mapping
- Shiekh Zayed Grand Mosque Architectural Projection Mapping
- StarCAVE at CalIT2
- Westfield Historic Dome Architectural Projection Mapping